Kinesio taping is a part of Kinesiology designed by Dr. Kenzo, the great Japanese Chiropractor. It is a therapeutic tape that provides support to joints without limiting their movement. It reduces muscle fatigue and facilitates proprioceptive mechanisms.
To know how Kinesio taping helps to reduce body pain, read on.
Mechanism of Kinesio taping in reducing pain
Kinesio tape is a stretchy band that creates a space between skin, tissues, and joints. It reduces joint irritation, pain, and swelling. The sticky and stretch tape mimics your skin and holds joints without limiting the movement. It is made of cotton and nylon to protect your skin from irritation or rashes.
The adhesive doesn’t allow to get the tape to loosen by water or sweat. It enhances blood circulation and positions the tissue and muscles. It also supports the injured area to recover at the earliest. Therefore, recovery and performance of the body part reinstate.
It potently reduces muscle fatigue by contraction and relaxation process. With the increase in blood flow, fast-twitch muscles generate torque and relieve pain.
Which health conditions recover by Kinesio taping?
Kinesio taping can recover the following health conditions:
- Patellofemoral stress
- Athletics with joint pain
- Manage scars
Points to remember
- Don’t use this tape in the area where your skin has any wounds, rashes, sunburns, or scrapes.
- The adhesive on the tape won’t get well fixed in case your skin surface has oil or moisture on it. Therefore wash the skin before applying the tape.
- It is advisable to shave or trim the excessive hairs on the skin to ensure better adhesion.
- Round up all the edges to ensure no flaking of the tape.
- Apply the heat-sensitive adhesive by rubbing it up and down.
- Do not do any exercise or activities that can generate sweat within one hour of applying the tape. Avoid swimming or showering in this one hour.
- You don’t have to change this tape regularly in that case, after bathing pat it gently to dry or remove excess water from it.
Physiotherapy First is one of the most authentic physiotherapy clinics within the community providing Kinesio tape. Our therapist experts analyze your specific requirement for the tape and the perfect area to apply it. With technical expertise, they can help you to put the tape in the right place.
To enhance your performance and get relief from pain get the Kinesio tape from Physiotherapy First. Adieu, the pain not the well-being of life!
December 20, 2021
COMMENTS: No Comments