When one leans forward for a prolonged period, for instance, when using a cellphone while texting or reading something, they may end up with stress injuries. The posture formed may result in shoulder and cervical pains or headaches. Generally, text neck is a lifestyle problem that can be treated in several ways, including physiotherapy.
Benefits of Physiotherapy for Text Neck Pain
Many experts regard physiotherapy as the most effective way to get rid of pains caused by text neck. You can visit Physiotherapy First for exclusive physiotherapy treatment in Brampton. Typically, the treatment will involve joint mobilization, massage, stretches, and exercises.
You will also learn techniques to reduce the occurrence of pain and discomfort, soreness and tension in your muscles, and move your body freely. The good thing with physiotherapy is that it treats the problem permanently.
Brampton physiotherapy can be in two forms:
- Passive physical therapy – helps reduce pain and enables the patient to reach an adequate pain management level. It can involve ultrasound, heat and ice packs, iontophoresis, and many other methods.
- Active Exercises – mostly a variety of exercises to help in neck and spine area rehabilitation. One can perform the activities daily and include stretching, low-impact aerobics, and many more exercises.
Once the physiotherapist examines your neck, they will know the form of physiotherapy treatment that fits you. They can prescribe a comprehensive treatment plan that will involve manual adjustments, cold laser therapy, and massage to provide you with a permanent solution.
Physiotherapists at Physiotherapy First will:
- Diagnose and educate the patient on the underlying cause of the pain. The physiotherapy treatment will then aim to treat the underlying cause, thereby offer a permanent solution.
- Teach you how to maintain a proper posture when engaging in day-to-day activities.
- Prescribe techniques, activities, and exercises that will help to accelerate the healing process.
- Prescribe therapies that will help in the management of severe pain episodes.
- Educate you on the ways to prevent future occurrence of the same problem
- Teach you the way to prevent further damage of muscles and joints due to the current problem
- Help you restore joint flexibility
The good thing with physiotherapy is that you will receive general advice on ways to improve your posture. For instance, the physiotherapist will advise on the importance of taking frequent breaks when you are using a computer or cell phone. The break can involve standing up, rolling your shoulders and neck, or taking a short walk to improve blood circulation.
A critical component of the physical therapy program is learning to prevent future pains resulting from text neck. The physiotherapist will stress the importance of maintaining a proper posture during activities that may contribute to the pains’ occurrence. They will also emphasize the importance of exercising regularly.
Physiotherapy First in Brampton is your first stop when you need physical therapy treatment for text neck pains. The physiotherapist will first identify the cause of the pain then prescribe a permanent solution. You will also receive education on ways to prevent future pains and what to do if the pain occurs. Visit Physiotherapy First today.
Physiotherapy First offers the Brampton community and surrounding area exceptional rehabilitative care with personalized treatment plans to suit specific needs. If you are experiencing pain or other symptoms, have recently had an injury, or would like to improve your mobility and function, our Physiotherapists and Healthcare Team will work with you to ensure you get back to the activities that are important to you. Call us at 905-796-6662 for an appointment today or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
April 16, 2021
COMMENTS: 1 Comment